Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Following the inspection and damage assessment step, our trained professionals will begin water extraction. During the step, the majority of water is removed by using high-powered pumps and truck-mounted vacuums. This equipment is capable of removing hundreds and even thousands of gallons of water from your home or business!
We offer Move-Out Services
If your water damage is severe and you must move out for the duration of remediation, we know how traumatic that can be, and therefore offer move-out services. SERVPRO of Jackson & SERVPRO of Madison County will reduce your stress by conducting an efficient and highly organized move that will protect your belongings from water damage.
Do You Have Carpet?
We will inspect carpet as well as carpet pad to determine the best way to protect your subfloor.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Jackson & SERVPRO of Madison County can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.