Electrical fires are the most common cause of household fires across the United States. This is why home owners must be consistent on watching how electrical equipment is kept and making sure that cords are not frayed or damaged. When electrical cords are frayed or old, it is a good idea to switch the cord out. This also is something we must watch with our kitchen appliances and TVs also. If home owners keep a close watch over cords and electrical equipment, it will lessen the chance that your equipment would cause a fire in your own home. In older homes, it is a wonderful idea to have a licensed electrician come in to check your outlets and any wires he or she can get to in your home. Over time, wires can fray which could lead to a fire. If a fire does occur and you need assistance, call SERVPRO of Jackson at 6101-353-2286. Always here to help. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.