Freezing Pipes: How You Can Prep Now for Later
It’s the Summer in the middle of Mississippi, and the last thing on your mind is freezing cold winter nights! By taking a few steps now, and learning a few tips for the colder months, you can protect yourself from busted pipes leading to water damage!
- Check your faucets and pipe heads to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Check to see that your pipes are installed properly. This can be cool summer or fall night project BEFORE it gets cold and dark. Reward yourself with a popsicle!
- Clean your gutters. Unclogged gutters make it easier for rain to drain. This prevents ice buildup that could damage your gutters or even your roof.
- Drain water from outside faucets. When water freezes and becomes ice, it expands which could cause your pipes to break.
- Disconnect hoses from outside faucets. This ensures no more cold water is being stored.
In January of 2018, many homeowners and businesses were all taken by surprise by the severity of our cold weather here in Mississippi. Don’t let that be you! But if it is, Call SERVPRO of Jackson & Madison County at 601-353-2286. We are always here to help!