Storm Damage Prevention Tips
SERVPRO knows that storms are not set to a specific schedule, that’s why all SERVPRO franchises keep their doors open 24/7. We have the resources to handle any size disaster with a quicker response time than any of our competitors. Roof damage caused by thunderstorms is a major problem for homeowners, here are some tips to prevent roof damage to your home:
- Trim trees and remove dead branches so they won’t damage your home if they fall because of wind.
- Clear gutters and downspouts of debris. As the leaves fall, make sure they aren’t building up in the gutters.
- Check for any roof damage. Pay attention to surface bubbles and areas with missing gravel on flat roofs or missing or damaged shingles or tiles on sloped roofs.
- Check the flashing on the roof to make sure it’s in good condition to help prevent water from seeping through.
- If your roof needs replacing, consider impact-resistant roofing materials, especially if you live in an area where hail storms are common.
Call your local SERVPRO storm response team, in Jackson, at 601-353-2286 for all your storm remediation needs!